Alma House, Holmgate Road, Clay Cross, Chesterfield, S45 9PH
6 2 5
- 6 bedroom Victorian period property with 2 bedroom self-contained annex
- Stunning Victorian walled gardens measuring approximately 2 acres
- 5 reception rooms including the bay-fronted formal lounge and dining rooms
- Cellar with bar area, workshop and ample storage
- Further outbuildings suitable for conversion to a dwelling, subject to relevant planning
- 4887 sqft of accommodation plus 665 sqft of annex accommodation (5552 sqft total)
- Close proximity to local amenities and surrounding Derbyshire countryside, with easy access to the Peak National Park.
- Tastefully and immaculately presented throughout
- EPC rating - TBC
- Tenure - Freehold
Property description£1,000,000 - £1,100,000 (Guide price) Dating back to the late 1800's, Alma House was once the residence of local colliery owner Thomas Houldsworth and was so named as a tribute to those that fought in the Battle of Alma in 1854. Lovingly restored by the current owners, this imposing, double bay-fronted mid Victorian home occupies grounds measuring approximately 2 acres with landscaped Victorian walled gardens and far reaching views across Kenning Park, Smithy Brook and beyond. Situated on Holmgate Road, Alma House benefits from its close proximity to local amenities and surrounding Derbyshire countryside, with easy access to the Peak National Park.
Set within the grounds there is a further 2 bedroom, self-contained annex. Ideal for co-habiting or suitable for holiday accommodation.
Alma House offers 4887 sqft of accommodation over 4 storeys and features 5 reception rooms including the bay fronted formal lounge and dining rooms, 6 beautifully proportioned bedrooms, a cellar bar area with access to the patio, ample storage and workshop space and fantastic flexibility to work-from-home.
Gardeners Cottage offers 665 sqft of accommodation over two storeys and features a fully fitted dining kitchen with integrated oven, hob and dishwasher, a lounge with patio doors to the cottage's garden area, bathroom with freestanding bath and two bedrooms including a large double/twin on the first floor and a ground floor single bedroom. [...]